+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mass Effect 3 (potential spoilers...enter at own risk)

So I just finished the game last night and was terribly disappointed. Other than sheer laziness, how does something so well fleshed out, so well crafted, have an ending that is so sh*tty? Each of the choices was, essentially, a palette swap. Unless they make this some kind of f'ed up dream sequence, there is no way there is a ME 4. There is no resolution, no real epilogue, and even less sense. I have loved playing the games for the action, the rpg elements of it, and the customization. The ending was such a nonsensical gut punch that I am still wondering wtf happened and why it sucked so bad.

wow it only came out last week and you have finished it...is it a short game? is it well worth the money?

I played ME1 and 2 but I never really got into the 2nd one...

I played for 2-3 hours a night over the last few nights. I guess it was a bit short when you compare it to something like Kingdoms of Amalur, but it was involved.

Yeah, I played on Insanity difficulty with an imported ME/ME2 playthrough and thought the ending was rather lackluster. Which is really too bad becaues the other games and really the rest of ME3 were outstanding. I made peace between the Quarians and Geth; cured the Krogan genophage; and brokered peace between the Krogan and Turians; and it really didn't seem to matter in the end. The cutscenes and dialogue for those missions were terrific which makes the ending all the more disappointing. There's no true conclusion or resolution. Nor is readily apparent just what difference it made that I had marshalled so many galactic forces against the Reapers. There's supposed to be another ending choice if you finish a ME3+ game but I don't know what it is.

Apparently it's not much. I did the same as you, basically. I had almost every war asset possible (about 7k worth) and then I went and did mutliplayer until my galactic readiness was over 90%. Still didn't change anything. Ending still sucks. It's like they ripped the last three chapters out of an awesome book.

Yeah, I had over 7000 as well. I launched the final assault with 75% readiness figuring if I could always just increase the % and then relaunch from a previous save. Further DLC is inevitable so they'll probably explain a few things.

It would be nice if they explained why the f*ck my ship and my crew were making a jump through a relay at the time of my visit to the Citadel.

Well the game was apparently interesting. I'll say the scene after securing peace between Quarians and Geth. that whole scene was so touching, the exchange between Legion and Tali.

So now that the extended endings have been released, has anyone's opinion of ME3 changed?

I just downloaded them. I will have to check them out and see.