+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Least favorite pundits?

These can be ESPN analysts, pregame show commentors, in-game commentors, etc.

My top five:

1. Rob Parker - He acts like he knows everything and his bias against the Patriots couldn't be anymore obvious. Did Belichick piss in his cereal or something?

2. Jemele Hill - Do I really need to explain? Every one of her articles plays the race card. She would have been fired if she were white and wrote about how whites are underrepresented in sports.

3. Joe Buck - Aikman's homerism for the Cowboys pisses me off as much as the next guy, but outside of that I don't mind him at all. Buck, on the other hand, is simply not fit for a fast-paced game like football. He needs to be moved to the pregame show or stick with baseball.

4. Jamie Dukes - Or Pukes as I call him. Totally ignorant and, like Rob Parker, has a clear bias against the Patriots.

5. Merril Hoge - We get Merril, you hate Tim Tebow. Seriously, we get it. It's still funny as hell when Tebow routinely makes you eat crow.
    Last edited by Run-DMG; 01-11-12 at 12:13 AM.
    A man's gotta play the hand he's dealt.

Ron Borges... I actually got him pissed once with an email after the Pats wouldn't let him in the locker room...

No relation to Bloatasaurus Rex or Mullet Bob
    Jemele Hill, yeah. Does ESPN really need a columnist whose only purpose is to write about racism in sports? Isn't that kind of racist itself, like hiring Jews only for your accounting department or Asians to teach only math classes?

Let's see.

DJ Gallo is nowhere near as funny as he thinks he is.

Pete Prisco because, for being CBS Sports' NFL headliner, his contributions number only two. All he does is spout facts that are pretty much obvious to anybody who follows the NFL enough to read about it on the internet, or he makes 'expert' predictions based on everyday moron fan logic. The Bears are going to win this game because it's about time they won this game, right? I know CHFF used to have a field day with him because he was a Manning proponent, but my issue with him is that he just never says anything of any substance.

He's just the worst of the lot, though. Most of the 'experts' do what he does, including John Clayton and Don Banks, but Prisco is worse because at least those gentlemen have some talent for writing and have moments of honest, if occasional, insight. Prisco is just boring and derivative.

Honestly, since Grantland came into being, reading articles written for the barely-literate on ESPN and such is a pretty empty experience. 
    Second verse,

same as the first.

Warren "The Sap" Sapp, after the Steelers first game he said "they are old & done". Some are old some are new some are black and none are blue.

Jason Whitlock is the male Jemele Hill. I am not a big fan of either. Prisco is a moron. There are a bunch of local NE guys that I think HATE some of the local sports teams and their articles/radio programs reflect it. It is almost too many to name, really.

Phil Simms. I know he is an announcer, but he annoys me to no end.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok82 View Post
    Phil Simms. I know he is an announcer, but he annoys me to no end.
    Is that because he can't pronounce the word "him"?

Jime Rome and Skip Bayless would probably be my least favorite. And Joe Buck.

I don't really pay much attention to the pundits, but is Rome really a pundit?

I don't see him that way really, he's kinda built his own sports entertainment style, and the one thing he does better than almost anyone else I've listened to, is to get really good interviews. He doesn't really toss too many softball questions either, but I guess he's a bit removed from insulting his guests to provoke them.

On the other hand, that Chris Everett bit was amazing to see live, which I did

Easiest answer I'll ever give:

Biggest hater in the NFL,

Shannen Sharp, always sounds like he has a mouth full of shi... He also has shi... for brains.

Skip Bayless is a gigantic turd sandwich.