+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Tom Brady has to go.

The guy just doesn't have it anymore. This isn't the quarterback I remember during the Super Bowl years. I miss the old version of Brady - the one who may not have the best stats in the world, but never panicked and got the job done in the end. Nowadays he folds after getting sacked.

He did look like crap for about 3 quarters, but managed to turn things around. The difference is he's starting to experience the things other QBs go through in their careers, like a defense that gives up the lead at the end after you did your job. That's not something he's used to dealing with.

Welcome to Patriots Nation.

I couldn't agree more Brady is clearly done - as is Boneheadicheck . The obvious move I see waiting to happen is for the pats to cut ties with both the B's and bring Favre in if we don't hang around too long we can still make the play offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Juddy View Post
    I couldn't agree more Brady is clearly done - as is Boneheadicheck . The obvious move I see waiting to happen is for the pats to cut ties with both the B's and bring Favre in if we don't hang around too long we can still make the play offs.
    Please tell me this is sarcasm. Brady is not done. Of his 10 picks this year, 6-7 of them were tipped balls that last year fell incomplete. Sh*t happens and those are unlucky breaks. He has made some head-scratching throws, but what QB doesn't? What is different is exactly what CaptainComeback said: He is used to his D being competent enough to hold a lead. Right now, they can't. They just haven't been able to improve in the last 5 or so years. It's a work in progress, but so far it has been mainly shaky results. Last night, just like the SB, the D played 45+ minutes of strong football while the offense muddled around. But even though the offense left the field with the lead, they left it with too much time on the clock. It's the Herm Edwards school of clock management.

I don't think either BB or Brady need to go. With this team, it might be as simple as getting a steal on an impact pass rusher that turns the corner for this D. All of that is conjecture. What is for certain is they kind of stink on D right now and no number orf showers can wash it off.

Who do you plan on replacing Brady with?? As a Pats fan, you should know what shoddy quarterbacking is, as the pats have had their fair share over the years, and you should know that Brady isn't the reason the Pats aren't closing out games.

The Brady that won those SBs wasn't putting up the big numbers, but he had a lot more around him that what he does now. He's been carrying this team on his back more and more over the last few years, and in a similar way to Manning did with the Colts, he is hiding a lot of the holes in this Pats team. With anyone but Brady or a few of the other top tier QBs out there, they'd have a losing record right now.

I figured today would be "jump off the bridge" day for some of you Pats fans. Brady still looks good to me the part time viewer of Pats games. I think the big problem is BB. His trade out of the first round business is starting to cost him and catch up to him. Think of some of the talent the Pats could have had on defense the past few drafts by using those picks. He got drunk on himself and his system of cutting guys before they got old and plugging in aging veterans and average WR into spots. His system worked for a few years...but nothing stays the same in the NFL.

Another stupid thread from the people who brought you spelling without vowels.

Quote Originally Posted by KepowOb View Post
    Who do you plan on replacing Brady with?? As a Pats fan, you should know what shoddy quarterbacking is, as the pats have had their fair share over the years, and you should know that Brady isn't the reason the Pats aren't closing out games.

The Brady that won those SBs wasn't putting up the big numbers, but he had a lot more around him that what he does now. He's been carrying this team on his back more and more over the last few years, and in a similar way to Manning did with the Colts, he is hiding a lot of the holes in this Pats team. With anyone but Brady or a few of the other top tier QBs out there, they'd have a losing record right now.
    This ^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Run-DMG View Post
    The guy just doesn't have it anymore. This isn't the quarterback I remember during the Super Bowl years. I miss the old version of Brady - the one who may not have the best stats in the world, but never panicked and got the job done in the end. Nowadays he folds after getting sacked.
    You need to find a new sport to analyze, and be quick about it. Your mouth is a spigot of garbage that you somehow believe in.